Good Shepherd supports other Lutheran organizations that bring the love of Jesus to others here at home and in foreign countries. We invite you to visit any of the following pages to grow in your faith and learn how you too can help spread the Good News to all.
Finding the right church today can be confusing. Several Lutheran synods exist, and they differ greatly. Our congregation is a member of the Evangelical Lutheran Synod (ELS), established in 1853 as “The Norwegian Synod.” The synod was reorganized as the Evangelical Lutheran Synod in 1917. Today it is a typical American melting pot of every nationality and background. Our headquarters are located in Mankato, Minnesota, where Bethany Lutheran College and Bethany Lutheran Seminary are also located.
Our synod is characterized both by its warm evangelical spirit and by its uncompromising faithfulness to the historic Lutheran faith. Our synod has not joined with the Lutheran mergers of the past through which much or all of the heart of the faith has now been lost.
- EVANGELICAL LUTHERAN SYNOD- The Evangelical Lutheran Synod is an American Lutheran church body of 130 congregations in full fellowship with the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod (WELS). The ELS is also a member of the Confessional Evangelical Lutheran Conference (CELC), which currently consists of 24 church bodies throughout the world in fellowship with one another.
- ELS PUBLICATION SUBSCRIPTIONS-The Evangelical Lutheran Synod has several publications for you. You can go to the link below and subscribe to one or all of them. → Cross-stitch Corner Newsletter, ELS Daily Devotions, Missions Newsletter, Peace Video Devotions, and the Synods President’s Newsletter.
- CROSS-STITCH-The Network Aiding ELS Home & Foreign Missions. “The mission of Cross-stitch is to create an increased interest in the mission field, support unbudgeted mission projects in our mission congregations and assist our missionaries in spreading the Good News of Jesus Christ to the world.”
- BETHANY LUTHERAN THEOLOGICAL SEMINARY-Bethany Lutheran Theological Seminary is the theological seminary of the Evangelical Lutheran Synod (ELS), a confessional Lutheran church body headquartered in Mankato, Minnesota. Bethany Seminary has been preparing pastors for the ELS and her broader fellowship for over 60 years and continues to provide graduate-level theological education today.
- BETHANY LUTHERAN COLLEGE-Bethany Lutheran College provides Christian higher education in a challenging academic environment where personal mentoring guides students to pursue knowledge, truth, and discernment for productive and fulfilling lives.
- BETHANY LUTHERAN COLLEGE CHAPELCAST-Join Bethany weekdays for a 20-minute worship service each day when classes are in session.
- MILITARY MONUMENT-The goal of this project is to construct a beautiful tribute to our veterans on Bethany Lutheran College campus. The monument will serve to honor any and all veterans and ensure that this and future generations will be aware of the cost of the freedoms they enjoy as citizens of our great nation through this God-pleasing vocation of a warrior.
- LUTHERAN MILITARY SUPPORT GROUP-LMSG is a non-profit organization providing Christ-centered support to WELS/ELS military service members, veterans, and their families.